Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend! Matt went with his brothers, dad, and some other male family members to Athens, Alabama for a long weekend of golf. They have an annual golf weekend/tournament which took place this past weekend. So I decided to head to Atlanta with the dogs to visit the family while Matt was off playing golf.

Friday evening I met my dad for dinner at this fantastic Italian restaurant. We rarely get to hang out just the two of us and we had a blast just spending time together. My dad is hilarious!!

Saturday my mom and I met went to see my cousin Liz's new house. It is really nice and she is doing a great job of fixing it up! We went to lunch with her and then mom and I came back to hang out around the house, aka nap! Later that evening we did a little shopping and just came back home to relax. It was as always so nice to see her and spend time with her.

Sunday I visited my best friend Amanda, her husband Bobby, and their two kiddos Avery and Reece. They recently moved into this huge and beautiful house in Powder Springs, Ga. I was very excited to see the new house which is amazing! Later, Amanda and I had some great girl time eating lunch together and shopping.

As usual my weekend to Atlanta was too short but I had a great time. I'm so thankful to have such amazing family and friends who live nearby and the drive only takes about 2 hours. I don't think I could live any farther away from them or I'd be very, very sad.

We have another exciting weekend coming up. We are heading to Auburn Friday afternoon and are going to tailgate and go to the game Saturday night. They are playing Clemson and I'm sure it will be a blast. Auburn holds a special place in my heart and I always get emotional when I get to go see my old town and school. War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment