Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baylor's Here!!

On Sunday, April 29th, my due date, we checked into the hospital at 8pm to begin the induction process for labor. After our last appointment with the doctor and realizing he was a big baby (est. 83 percentile at 39 weeks) and that he wasn't moving down, we decided to go ahead and induce, as my doctor didn't feel comfortable allowing us to go much further past our due date.

So we arrived Sunday nervous and anxious but ready to meet our little man. They started me on some medicine which was supposed to help soften and dilate my cervix (I was currently neither, and had been told Baylor's head was still 'floating' and had not engaged or dropped at all). After having 2 doses of the medicine and not seeing any results, they decided to start me on Pitocin, another drug which causes contractions and helps aid in dilation and progress of labor. The nurse started the Pitocin at about 5am and continued to bump it up every 15 minutes. The doctor came in around 6:45am to check and realized the Pitocin wasn't doing anything either. This baby did not want to come out! He discussed our options to either go home and wait a few more days and hope Baylor made progress (which he felt was unlikely due to the lack of progress prior combined with the estimated size he was--in which he would continue to grow) or to go ahead with a c-section. I knew odds of a c-section was pretty good going in and I was okay with that. My whole plan has been that I didn't care how he arrived just that he was safe and healthy.

 By 8:30am I was being prepped for a c-section and our sweet little bundle of joy arrived on April 30, 2012 at 8:55am. He weighed 8lbs and 13oz and was 20 inches long! My doctor also said his cord was wrapped around his head and assured me there was no way I could have delivered him vaginally . 

The first days have gone by so fast and we have had tons and tons of visitors. It has been so exciting for us to see all the support and love that Baylor has from friends and family. At the same time, we are trying to get used to being parents, and now that we are home we are trying to get into a regular routine and adjust to our new life.My mother came and stayed with us until this past weekend which was a huge help. I am doing well also recovering from the c-section, and have been feeling actually pretty great. Matt has been such an amazing father, always eager to help both Baylor and I. The first few days in the hospital I didn't even change one diaper!
People say you never know love until you have a child and I now understand completely what they mean. This baby is the sweetest, most beautiful, wonderful, amazing miracle that we have been so blessed to have.  I am amazed just watching him and love cuddling him. We are so in love with Baylor and are thrilled to have him home with us to spend each and every day with. We are so blessed that God decided to make us his parents.


At the hospital Sunday night about to get things started

Big baby! 8lbs 13.2 oz

And I now truly understand what love means

family <3

This melts my heart. My two men


Some of the many visitors:
Uncle Ryan

my dad- Grandfather

Matt's mother- Mimi

Matt and my mother-Avo

Us with Matt's dad and step-mother-Pops and Gimmie

Baylor and I with Auntie Ang

Ang and I with our babies. They are only 6 months apart yet are sooo different in size!

The two Matt's with Baylor and Mattox

Leaving the hospital


Thank you all for all your prayers, support, visits, thoughts, well wishes, congrats, and more! It means so much! I will continue to keep you all posted on how our new life is going.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again. He is beautiful! So glad to hear all is well and you are feeling good. Babies truly are a miracle and that love is so hard to imagine and then they arrive and you are consumed! Enjoy it all -- it passes too quickly.

    PS - Sorry the the 2 deleted posts -- I'm a little slow this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! He could not be more precious and I love him so much already! You are a beautiful family and I'm so proud to see you and Matt as the wonderful parents that you are! :) Love all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! I got goosebumps when I saw that Baylor is here. He's just perfect and I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy these first days. I can only pray that someday I'll know how precious they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :) So happy for you, Jess! Welcome to the world, Baylor!

    ReplyDelete