Saturday, June 30, 2012

2 months


We can not believe we are parents to a 2 month old!  Time flies, and we are trying to soak up every wonderful second we have.  Every day our love grows stronger and stronger for this beautiful boy.

Here are some stats:

-We are still breastfeeding, though we occasionally supplement a bottle of formula (maybe once or twice a week as needed).  We both love this time together and it has gotten a lot easier for me, though it is still very time consuming.  My goal is to at least make it until he is 4 months old. I estimate that he eats about 4oz per sitting.

-Baylor is so much more alert and active. He began to laugh out loud at 7 weeks old! So far I am the only one who can make him laugh and it melts my heart every time he does this.  From what I have read, this is very advanced.  He loves to coo and talk and will have a conversation with you.  He smiles all the time and is overall a happy baby.

-Baylor sleeps about 8-9 hour stretches at night, which mommy and daddy love!! Even then, he usually eats and immediately goes back to sleep for another hour or two.  He only takes a few short naps during the day which only last about 20-30 mins.

-Baylor wears size 3 month clothes now. I think he weighs 12lbs or more.

-He is wearing size 1 diapers

-Baylor went through a week or so of having baby acne but it has cleared up.  We went to the doctor and she diagnosed him with baby excema which is very common.  This has mostly cleared up also, for now.  He has very sensitive skin!  We have to wash everything in baby detergent.

-I have one more week of being at home and then I return to work.  Matt is taking a week off work and will watch Baylor the first week I go back. He will then start going to Jefferson Christian Academy for day care.  I am soooo sad to leave him, not because I am worried about whoever is watching him, but just the fact that I won't be able to spend my whole day with him.  I really think it will be good for us though in the long run, but it will definitely be hard.   

Overall I can't stress how much I LOVE this baby and have loved being his mommy. We are so so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with his sleeping. That's awesome. And I know you are sad about starting back to work. I'm not gonna lie, it's hard. :( But I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for the transition to be as easy as possible! And he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete