Monday, October 4, 2010

Megan's Bachelorette Bash

This past Friday night several good friends and I went out to celebrate my soon to be sister-in-law Megan's looming end to her single hood- her bachelorette party! Our boys all went to Philadelphia, Mississippi to lose, I mean gamble their money away so we took advantage of being single for the evening and had a night out on the town.

We started at this neat restaurant/bar called Rogue Tavern in downtown Birmingham. It has a really neat atmosphere and great food. There was a band playing and I think the staff at Rogue thought it would be an easy persuasion to give us all free shots to dance with the band. And they were right! As we started to talk about moving to another venue, the bartenders kept giving us free drinks to stay a little longer so we did. After awhile though, we decided to move on.

Next stop was the bar called "Above" which is literally above, or on the roof of the Redmont Hotel in Downtown Birmingham. It overlooks the city and was really neat. I have heard it can get very crowded but we were lucky and had plenty of room that night. We danced on the roof and mingled in the bar. After Above we lost a few soldiers of our party (huge THANKS to my friend Amanda who was a champ and took care of our sick friend who will remain nameless ;) ), the bride-to-be, her good friend Elena, Phoenix, and I ended up continuing on to Nano Funks.

Nano Funks was a blast and we danced the night away. We didn't end up getting home until 5:30 am and needless to say I was SICK the next day. Ugh! It was worth it in the end though and I think the bride-to-be sure had a great time which is what matters the most!

Due to an unfortunate accident in Auburn a few weeks ago, I currently don't have a camera (hopefully will be getting a new one ASAP). So instead of taking pictures, I wrote down funny quotes we said through out the night. Some are hilarious, and some are just plain silly. Without further ado, here they are:

-This is a good dressing for dinner (as we are in the car not talking about food at all)
-I wouldn't have his babies but I'd have sex with him (talking about a famous celebrity crush)
-She's sutcher in a hurry
-If you put a bag over our waiters face he'd be hot
-I just don't want to throw up in the taxi (which happened to 3 of us-including the bride!)
-Filter. Off.
-I need a beat. Let's get some rap!
-Is that a challenge? Cuz I like it!
-Anyone in a minivan...I will drink down.
-Oh! They're in a mommy mobile!
-Oh is that a snuggie? I thought it was a large jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment