Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why I love FALL

Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I wanted to compile a list of why I love this season. Here are a few:

1. Football. Nothing like getting together with your best friends and watching Auburn football. Or even going to the wonderful town of Auburn, Alabama and tailgating prior to attending the game. Oh yeah, and I LOVE tailgating food! Every Saturday morning I try to think of a great dip or dessert to bring to wherever we are watching the game.

2. Weather. Nothing is better than the crisp breeze you feel during a beautiful Fall day. And I love being able to turn the a.c. off and open the windows.

3. Colors. I love watching the beautiful colors the trees turn during the Fall. The oranges, fiery reds, browns, and yellows are so amazing.

4. Food. There is nothing like cooking a pot of soup or stew and sitting on the couch snuggled up with your loved ones and eating it. And, it's also time for pumpkin pies, which are one of my favorites!

5. Holidays. Fall has two holidays that are both on my favorites list-Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween is so much fun, to decorate for and dress up for. I love candy, scary stuff, and dressing up. What a perfect holiday. And Thanksgiving, which warms my heart to even think of. Getting together with my family who I rarely get to see and enjoying THE BEST food ever. Ahh I can't wait!

6. Decorations. Last year I made an Autumn wreath and was so excited to get it out this year and put it up. I already have some neat Autumn themed decorations up around the house and would love to get more. I'm always keeping my eyes posted for more! I love to buy large Mums in bright colors to put on the front doorstep by some pumpkins. I think it looks so pretty!

7. Traditions. Everyone has different traditions but I'm sure most are similar. Carving a pumpkin is one that we always do. Matt and I always go together to pick out the best and most perfect pumpkin we can find and get home and decorate it. I usually make Brunswick Stew and pumpkin pie the night we carve the pumpkin.

8. Dress. I love to wear boots, scarves, sweaters, and light jackets and Fall is the time to start pulling these out.

So these are just a few of the reasons why I love this season. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes, as the seasons usually fly by. Fall is such a great time of warmth, traditions, and time to spend with family. Happy Fall to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment