Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I have been MIA lately--we have been so busy with the Christmas holidays! Two weeks ago, we went home to spend the weekend with my family for the holidays. This was the first year I was away from my family for Christmas, but luckily I was able to go home and have a "mock" Christmas with them all. Friday, December 17th was my brother Jason's 30th birthday so we met up with him at my mothers' and went to eat. My cousin Emily and her friend Regina also came into town and visited us, along with her twin Liz who lives in Atlanta. So we had a good time catching up with them while spending time with my brother for his birthday. We always do breakfast with my family on Christmas day so we did this that Saturday in Atlanta. We then opened gifts together as if it were Christmas day. That night, we went to my fathers house and had a big dinner with my dad, step mom, brothers, and wives. We were able to open presents and spend some good time with them.

*This is a new tradition the guys started this year at my dads house on Christmas. Shots of tequila! This past week was a blur because I only worked Monday through Wednesday, so I had to rush around all day trying to get a weeks worth of work done in 3 days. I did enjoy being lazy and staying home Thursday and Friday though, so the hard work was worth it! Friday night was Christmas Eve and we spent it with Matt's step-mothers' family. This was the first year they had a talent/skit contest. Matt's dad came up with the idea of dancing to Michael Jackson's "Thriller". We got together during the week and practiced the dance. It ended up turning out great- we were all in sync and all the other family members seemed to get a big kick out of it. Too bad we didn't win though!
*Matt and I before leaving for the party on Christmas Eve
















Christmas morning started off with a large breakfast at Matt's dad and step-mom's house. I brought one of my family traditions "Nana Bread" to share with his family. We later shared presents and enjoyed time together. This year we were blessed with a wonderful surprise of SNOW!! It was beautiful! What a true blessing for us on the most special day of the year--I feel we received a blessing from the big man himself yesterday! After breakfast and presents, we headed to Matt's mothers home. We opened gifts with her and ate a late lunch/early dinner. It was great! We were exhausted by 4pm and headed back to the house to relax and spend some time alone on Christmas night.


*All of us "kids" at Matts dad and step-mom's












*Us with Matts mom on Christmas day


















*Megan and I enjoying the snow

















We had a very wonderful Christmas with many great surprises, but I truly think the most fantastic part is being able to spend time with loved ones and letting them know how much they mean to you. To think of what Jesus has done for us and how we are blessed is such a wonderful and powerful gift in itself. I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment