Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

I hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours was. It started out Wed. afternoon we left Birmingham and headed to Atlanta. We spent Wednesday evening in with my mom in our pj's watching movies (note to my 4 readers-Sex and the City 2 is looonnnggg and not so great). Here is a picture of ALL 4 dogs that were at my mom's house, from left to right-- our dogs Max and Gracie, my mom's dog Aubie, and my cousin's dog Vinnie. They had a blast hanging out together all weekend!


Thursday was the big day and we first headed to my aunt Luannes house. Now, you don't get the name Luanne and not be an amazing cook. Same goes with my aunt Cheryl and cousin Tina. We had so much food it was exciting and overwhelming at the same time! It was great to eat and see all of my family, since last Thanksgiving we were in Birmingham and I wasn't able to see them. After leaving Luanne's we headed to my momite's (grandmothers) house. We were so stuffed we weren't able to eat there but did sit at the table and enjoyed the company while they ate. It was great to see my aunt Brenda, Uncle Mike, and cousin Kathleen, who had come in from West Palm Beach, Florida. I missed them last year also. We had a great day visiting everyone and once again I realized how much we have to be thankful for!

Friday was the other big day, better known as the Iron Bowl. My Auburn Tigers sure gave me a scare during the first half but I kept the faith and sure enough we pulled out a win! We had a lot of fun watching the game with my Georgia Bulldog dad and step-mother, but they were good sports and rooted for Auburn. Now we have the SEC championship game and hopefully we will be headed to Glendale, Arizona to WIN the national championship!


Saturday Matt, mom, and I went shopping. Later that night we went and stayed with our good friends Bobby and Amanda who I have known forever. It was great to stay with them and spend time not only with them, but their little ones as well. They have 2 beautiful kids, Reece and Avery and I hate that we don't get to see them often.


We headed back Sunday early and were able to get up some of the Christmas decorations. I've included a picture of our table all decorated. We are planning to get our tree this upcoming weekend so the house will be complete. Oh, how I love the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment