Monday, August 6, 2012

Life lately and some other random thoughts

I swear I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

I swear I have a life.

I am just so busy with that life that I don't have time to blog much about it. Whoever said that a baby changes everything was so right. I mean, like dead on right. It's amazing how Baylor arrived and within a millisecond, my priorities and everything that mattered to me changed.

I recently read that once you have a baby it feels as though your heart is walking around outside of your body. That is exactly how I feel now. When I am not with Baylor I feel like I am naked. Everything I do and think about 99% of the time revolves around him. I can't imagine having another child because I feel like there is no way I could love him or her as much as I do Baylor (and I know that I will love that baby just as much when it happens one day, it just doesn't feel like I could).

I am back at work and I think it is good for me to be working. Yes, I would love to be a stay at home mom, but I love my job and let me tell you, being at home with a baby is hard work. I don't know how some people do it. My "career" or job is waaayyy easier than being a stay at home mom. I can't believe I ever thought stay at home moms had it easy. Ha! Anyways, I am back at work and I like being in a normal routine.  It is definitely hard being away from Baylor for any amount of time, but I think I appreciate the time we do get together way more.

Baylor started school as I mentioned in his 3 month old post.  I love it and I think he does too. The teachers are so sweet and they always sing his praises because "he is such a perfect baby" and is "so precious" (their words, not mine! though I do have to agree!). He smiles a lot when he is there and seems happy to be dropped off in the morning which is such a relief.  I love the fact that we have many friends and even family that have their children there so we can always check on each other's babies. 

Other than spending the majority of our time with Baylor we have been getting out a lot. This weekend Matt and I went out to celebrate our friend Matt's birthday.  We have had several date nights just us two and a few fun-filled nights out with friends. We also try to get out often with Baylor also so he is used to getting out and going places. Of course since he is such a "perfect baby" (again, quoting others here ;) ) he does great 99.9% of the time when we are out.

Overall, things are amazing. Life is good. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment