Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Slacking.

I'm sorry to you, my 3 readers out there (my father has informed me he has been reading this so I can estimate at least 3 readers now ;) ) I have been slacking lately on my posts. I'm not sure If it's been because I've been busy or not busy enough to have much to talk about. What a paradox.


So anyways, this weekend we were very busy. I decided I would fill you in on that. To start off with, who doesn't love a 3 day weekend?! Here it is on Wednesday, and the work week is half over! Yeah! Okay, back to this weekend. Focus, Jessica!



Friday night Matt and I enjoyed a nice relaxing night at home, eating pizza and watching the movie "It's Complicated". We had terrible weather here, so we both had no motivation to leave the sofa.



The bad weather continued throughout most of the weekend, especially storming Saturday morning. As Matt and I were laying in bed that morning procrastinating getting up, we became engaged in a show on the DIY, or Do it Yourself network. Where have I been? I have never seen this network!? Wow!! After watching a show or two of people renovating their homes, we were motivated to do something. Matt suggested we paint our kitchen. I was completely up for it. So we headed for Home Depot and picked out some paint, came home and got to it. No sample colors or days to debate what paint to pick for us. We jumped right to it! It was actually pretty easy and turned out good, so we think. Here's a picture of the completed kitchen taken from my iPhone so please bear with the photo quality.

We finished up with the kitchen around 3 and I got a phone call from one of my friends, Meredith. She invited us to meet up with her and her husband at the pool. By that time, the sun was up and the rain had ceased. We went and layed by the pool for awhile and ended up grilling out over there with Mere, Ben and a few more friends. Later we headed back to our house with a few others to watch the UFC fight. Or shall I say, for the guys to watch the UFC fight and me and Amanda to chit chat.

Sunday was a wash-out again and we headed to Matt's grandparents house for a cook out. It was great to see all of his family and eat some good food. It is so nice that his whole family is so close by and get to see one another so often, it makes me miss my family so much and wish we were closer. Sunday evening we met up with some more friends and ended up playing "Minute to win it games". Very fun! We are even talking about having a "Minute to Win it" party now. I better start practicing.

Monday the weather turned out nicer and we went to our friend Amanda's parents pool. They are always so fun to hang around and welcoming us to their home. I think we have made it an annual tradition to be at their pool for at least one of the major summer holidays. We always have a blast! That night Matt and I headed to his mother's for dinner. She made a really good Boston Butt and we were more than happy to help her eat it.

Now do you see why I haven't been able to post!? I have been so busy! Though we were so busy it really was a great weekend.

Next up, we leave for Jacksonville, Florida early Sunday morning. We are taking a cruise Monday morning to Key West and to the Bahamas. I can't believe it is already here!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Cruise...countdown is on! Can't wait! We are going to have so much fun!!! L)

    ReplyDelete