Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend in the ATL

This weekend was great, but like all others, of course went by too quickly! Matt and I headed for Atlanta to visit my family Friday afternoon after work. We arrived around 7:30 Atlanta time (Birmingham is an hour behind Atlanta). We ate dinner and just relaxed that night. My mom and I sat on the porch and talked for a few hours enjoying the beautiful night. It's funny, even though we talk at least once daily (sometimes more) we still never run out of things to talk about!




Saturday was a big day for us. We started with a pool party at my mom's condominiums. They had food and drinks catered in so we were sure to take advantage of that. I got to meet some of my mom's neighbors and it reminded me of how much my mother is a social butterfly. Everyone knows her! The weather was beautiful as well, so that was also a plus.


Saturday night we met up with my dad, step-mom, brother, and sister-in-law for the Braves Game. Dad decided he wanted to go to a Braves Game for Father's Day and wanted to know if we would like that. Would we like that?! Of course!! What a great way it was to spend time with my Dad and other family members while also getting to go somewhere really fun and exciting. We decided we would go eat at The Varsity before going to the game. If you are from the south and have never heard of or have eaten at The Varsity than you are missing out! It is a historical site that should definitely be visited when going to Atlanta, especially a Braves Game. They are known for their hot dogs and Orange Freezes, which taste like a Flinstones Push-Up Pop. But, they get really crowded so you better know what you are gonna order when you get to the cashier. They will yell "Whadya Have? Whadya Have?" at you! Also, be prepared to wait in a very long line:

But don't worry, Its worth it!!


The weather Saturday night turned out to be perfect. It was not too hot or muggy and felt just right. We had great seats, probably the best I've sat at for a Braves Game. The pictures doesn't do it justice to how good they actually were. We had a blast though and the Braves won the game at the bottom of the 9th with a walk-off home run. Go Braves!



Sunday we had to head back to Birmingham early to meet up with Matt's dad and family to eat lunch for Father's Day. They took us to eat at Ruth Chris' which we had never been to. It was fantastic!! The problem is, that I ate so much I couldn't do much of anything the rest of the day because I was so stuffed! Now its back to work today....

No comments:

Post a Comment