Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Girls Trip

This past weekend a few girls and I (a few meaning 21 girls!) headed to Destin, Florida to celebrate our friend Ashley's Bachelorette party. I met Ashley about 6 or 7 years ago when we were in Auburn. She dated one of Matt's good friends, Austin, and now they are engaged to be married in 2 weeks. The thing about Ashley is is that she is so sweet. She truly has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and apparently I am not the only one who feels that way, hence the 21 other best friends she invited down to the beach to celebrate with her. She is one of those people you meet who are beautiful inside and out, who makes you feel special to be her friend. I was really excited to spend the weekend at the beach with her and some of my other great friends.
We arrived to Destin Thurs night after leaving straight from work. We immediately met up with Ashley and some of the others girls who had already arrived. We went out in SanDestin at Baytowne Wharf. We had a blast. Here's a pic of Mere and I at the bar.
Friday we enjoyed the beautiful weather on the beach. Luckily, there was no oil in Destin and we got to enjoy the beach and water. That night, we relaxed in the condo and had a lingerie shower for Ashley. Here's a pic of the beautiful bride-to-be.

Saturday we had beautiful weather once again and were able to lay out at the beach all day. That night we headed to Fort Walton to the Crab Trap for Dinner and to Howl at the Moon, a piano bar. We all wore black and Ashley wore a cute blue dress. Here is a picture of Amanda and I.

Ashley and I.


A picture of Jenn, Autumn, and I in the taxi on the way out.


Dancing the night away!

We were supposed to stay until Monday but were so very tired and exhausted that by Sunday morning we decided to head back. Now I can't wait to celebrate Austin and Ashley's wedding in 2 weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment