Thursday, August 11, 2011

Visit with Dad

Yesterday we had a visitor: Dad! He came into town for business but it is always a pleasure for him to get to see us (get it, business and pleasure, ha, ha.)

Whenever he comes to Birmingham we always like to show him around and let him try some of our favorite restaurants.  We decided to go to Jackson's in Soho square which is one of my faves.  It was a great night, the food was great, as was the company. 


Beautiful Rainbow we saw
Me and Matt
Me and dad
 Tonight Dad came over and I made him one of his favorite meals that my mom makes.  The key phrase is that my mom makes it, which means it's been a good 20ish years since he's had it (I may have made it for him a time or two in between). So at his request I made it and it was great.  We had a great visit and it only makes me wish I had (my) family closer to me so we could just drop by on a weeknight and do dinner....thankfully, Matt's family is now my family also and I get to see them often, which is great! :)

For my dad's sake (and yours if you want), I am going to post the recipe with step-by-step instructions.

Sloppy Joe Pie
Here's what you need:
2 cans of crescent rolls
1 lb of ground beef
pack of shredded cheddar cheese
Sloppy joe mix (the packet kind)
small can of tomato paste

Step 1: Brown meat. Drain.
 Step 2: prepare sloppy joe mix as the instructions say.  The packet kind will require you to mix the tomato paste and some water and let it simmer. If you prefer the canned sloppy joe seasoning mix, just follow those directions.

Step 3: On a cookie sheet, lay 1 can of crescent rolls flat.

Step 4: Next, layer the whole sloppy joe meat mix



Step 5: Top with shredded cheese
 Step 6: Top with the last can of crescent rolls
Step 7: Bake on 375 for about 10-15 minutes until the crescent rolls are brown.
Step 8: Enjoy!!

This recipe is soo easy, and most men LOVE it. And you will too if you like sloppy joes.

We had a great visit with dad and I'm glad he got to come to 'Bama. Come back soon dad!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks so good and easy. I'm def. going to try it! =) And I know, it's hard not living close to your family.

    ReplyDelete