Monday, February 6, 2012

Big week

We have had an exciting (past) week!

Both Matt and I got promotions at work. I was named Program Manager over the Adolescent Unit which means I am helping to run the Adolescent Acute Unit alongside the Unit/Nurse Manager. My new role will include supervising other therapists, mental health workers, nurses (indirectly), and making sure the unit is run effectively. It is a big promotion and I am so thankful for the opportunity.
Matt's promotion was even bigger than mine. He was named the new Business Office Manager at the Birmingham Surgery Center. He is over the whole business office, managing 15 employees! This is a BIG promotion, and I am so proud of him! I am over a unit, he is now over a whole office! I know he will do great!

Other than getting promotions, I have gotten to babysit this cutie.
Mattox!
He has gotten so big I can't get over it! And he is getting to be so much fun since he now coo's and smiles at me. I'm pretty sure I'm his fav. Just ask him. He'll give you a big grin.

We also had a girls night at my friend Jenn's house. Jenn has a 6 month old baby named Carson (all of our friends have boys or are having boys...crazy we know!) and is a big help in giving tips and advice for pregnant people and new mothers. She lent me her Snoogle pillow, and since I have had no back pain while I sleep and have slept soooo much better.

This weekend we were lazy and for the first time since I can remember we didn't do anything for the Superbowl. Since it was the Superbowl I thought I'd throw together a football party-type menu. Thanks to Pinterest for giving me recipes I can work with last minute using ingredients I already had in our pantry.

Here's what I ended up making:


Yes, I realize my food pictures are never really appealing looking, but I promise that this was really, really good. And I had a beer. Cooked as a marinade with my chicken but at least I can say I had a beer!
Here's the recipe for the Cheese and Bacon Potatoes that you need to try.
and
Here's the recipe for the Crock Pot BBQ Beer Chicken you need to try.

Annnd then I passed out at 8:45. At least I waited until the game was over.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotions!!! You mean there was a game on??? I think I beat you to bed last night! Seriously thinking on the Snoogle thing...it looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were even more boring for the super bowl-Papa Johns' catered our dinner!Def going to try those potato thingys...I have seen them on Pinterest for a while and have been wanting to try them!

    ReplyDelete