Saturday, April 3, 2010

Family is Forever

So as I sit here on my couch on this lovely Saturday night (don't be jealous, I live such a wild life these days), I think about the upcoming Easter holiday and just how lucky I am. I was invited today by my friend Phoenix to attend her family get together/early Easter party. Over the years I have been lucky enough to get to know Phoenix's family and they are great. Really, they are great! They are such a close knit family who makes everyone feel welcome, whether related or not. They are really laid back and fun, having the infamous egg toss (unfortunately for Phoenix I am not so great at egg tossing so our team didn't do so well), cooking out, and just spending time together. Thinking about how lucky Phoenix is to have such a great family I can't help but miss my family who are all mostly in Atlanta, probably getting ready for their big Easter festivities tomorrow.

To be honest, and I don't mean to brag, I really have the best family ever. If I need anything, I mean anything, my family is there. I have the most supportive and loving family members I know that no matter what happens to me I will always have them there to stand by me. It is so unfortunate to me to see others who don't have families with whom they can't call at any time in the night (shout out to my mom who I have called many a times during the late hours of night to talk about very important topics such as how I suck at bowling--true story), they can't go to for advice or help, or just to spend an afternoon playing games like egg toss with. I have to remind myself how blessed I am that I have that and need to always remember to count those blessings. Family is forever. Really and truly, when life gets hard and times get tough, who do you turn to? Family. Simple as that. Friends may come and go, and luckily I have awesome friends as well, but the truth is family is blood. Blood is forever. So I'm going to remember how great my family is and how much they helped to shape me into the person that I am today and count my blessings that I have them.

Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment