Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I need a vacation.

I know, I know what you're thinking (all 2 of you readers out there). You just had a vacation! But really, something about this time of year makes me itching to be outside and not work. Is it just me, or do you feel that way too? Even though we just got back from Nashville, I am still longing for days off work, spent in the sun, preferably by a pool or beach. Perhaps it is because I was playing hooky on Friday and got a little taste of the freedom of not working that I am now having such a strong desire not to be working, and to be off on a vacation. Well, we are going to Atlanta this weekend, so that could count as a mini-vacation, right?! Too bad the weather looks like it's going to rain on Saturday, so my chances of being by a pool are not looking good, but a girl can still hope, right?

I think part of the fun of a vacation is the excitement leading up to the trip. We are planning on going to such and such, and then planning the trip and things you want to do, buying outfits and clothes for the trip, and all that other exciting stuff that leads up to taking a vacation. I know last year before we were getting married in Jamaica, I had a countdown timer of the number of days leading up to the trip.

We are actually going on a cruise in June with four of our close friends. We leave out of Jacksonville, Florida and are going to go to Key West and the Bahamas--neither of which I've been to. So I guess I can use that trip as my motivation to make it through work every day and know that I do have a fun trip in tropical weather coming up very soon! I know, I really shouldn't be complaining! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment