Friday, April 23, 2010

Thankful!

So yesterday was my birthday...and I had a great one! To start off, my co-worker Beverly put balloons on my door at work with a sweet card, and then a few of my co-workers and I went to lunch at one of the best restaurants (in my opinion), Joel's. It is a home-cooking, Southern food, kinda restaurant and let me tell you if you're ever in Birmingham at lunchtime or never been there, you gotta try it out!

I then left work early (hey, it was my birthday!) and went to shop a little bit. My father-in-law and step-mother in-law got me a gift certificate to one of my favorite shops, Charming Charlies (thank you, thank you!). So I felt the urge to go shop a little, and that's exactly what I did! Got some really cute jewelry, but you know how it goes--when you got money to spend, you can't find anything! Needless to say, I will be visiting Charming Charlies again since that gift card is burning a hole in my pocket.

Later, several friends met Matt and I at a restaurant called Billy's (just noticed a pattern of going places with people's names) and sat on the patio outside and had great dinner and drinks. It was a blast! My friend Ang B. and I attempted to talk our significant others into going dancing later but they declined so we headed home after dinner.

It was a great birthday and it just made me realize how great of friends and family members I have. So thankful to have you all in my life!

This weekend we're off to Atlanta to visit my family and see a few friends. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment