Friday, April 9, 2010

I got an IPhone, I got an IPhone...

I got an IPhone, hey, hey, hey, hey! So I am finally joining the rest of the world and got a technologically savvy phone. In fact, in case you couldn't tell by the title of this post. I got an IPhone!











My sweet husband Matt got me an iPhone for an early birthday present and I gotta admit, I'm addicted! I just don't know how, for so long, I got by without this amazing piece of technology! I've got access to my email, facebook, the Internet, music, and so much more right at my fingertips. It's so weird to think back and realize how far we've come in so few years. Just a little over ten years ago, practically no one had a cell phone! Now we have this thing that does so much and keeps you connected to the world. How did we survive without cell phones?



On the other hand though, along with having access to so much at my fingertips, I must remember to not get sucked into it and not be present for my life! I have already found myself playing on the phone or checking my email while I should be doing other things--you know, like carrying on a conversation (oops!), at dinner, or doing that thing called work. I do notice as a society we have become less personal such as sending an email instead of picking up the phone. Nothing can take the place of being actually present in a conversation and in life in general!




*On a side note I have recently been hearing a lot about Oprah's "No Phone Zone" petition. She is advocating for others to agree to not text and/or talk on the phone while driving. I am terrible at talking while driving and have been known to text some in the car as well, but I really think she's onto something. While I may not (yet) feel completely able to cut off talking on the phone while driving, I will definitely stop texting while driving. You are not only putting yourself at risk, but others as well. Think about it and check out her petition if you get a chance.

www.oprah.com/packages/no-phone-zone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment