Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

We have been very busy lately, I feel like I have been on the go for awhile now and need to slow down. Which is exactly what I did yesterday after a busy and eventful few days. I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July and was able to spend it doing something they enjoy with people they enjoy.

Matt surprised me on Friday with tickets to see the movie Eclipse, which I'm sure you have heard of, unless you have been living under a rock the past year or two. Though I once laughed at the mostly tween audience of the Twilight Saga, I mistakenly (or not) borrowed the books from a good friend and immediately realized why this is such a huge obsession for many. It is good!! Forbidden love, love triangles, Sexy Vampires and werewolves, oh my! Though Matt is not as addicted as I am, he enjoyed the first two movies and loves me enough to know how much it meant to me to see the latest movie in the Trilogy, Eclipse. So after work on Friday we went to see the movie and later out to eat at Olive Garden, one of the finest Italian Restaurants in these parts. Ha ha, okay okay I know its not really "fine" or "authentic" Italian, but to me its fantastic and one of my favorite restaurants!

Saturday we cleaned house (yuck) and ran some errands. Later we went to our friend Shane and Andreas house to have a cookout and watch a UFC fight. UFC fighting is this no-rules fighting where fighters fight one another in an Octagon Ring and basically beat the crap out of one another until someone is knocked out unconscious and/or taps out because they are about to have a bone broken or die suffocating. Lovely, right? So here's my compromise to Matt for taking me to see Eclipse, I agree to go with him to watch this UFC fight. Of course, I'm not exactly a martyr because I did get to spend time with some of my good friends who were there also and eat some great food. We ended up having a great time though and luckily no bones were broken on the fights. Just a little blood shed on the ring. No biggie.

Sunday was the Fourth of July and we went to our good friend Amanda's parents' pool. You remember them right? I think I told you about going there for Memorial Day. Seems like every holiday in the summertime we head to their house, which is great because we always have a blast. We stayed at the pool all day, grilled out, and shot some fireworks later. It was a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate the holiday.

So that brings me back to yesterday and my all day couch-fest. Well, I must give myself some slack, I ran for 1 hour. And then literally sat. on. the. couch. all. day. Was in my pj's by 2pm. It was fantastic. Just what the doctor ordered.

Now its back to work, which I can't complain about because my job is fun and I try not to work too long. Hey, its a tough life but some body's gotta do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment