Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching Up

We have been really busy lately and it seems time flies and my days start to blur together. 
I guess it is true that time flies when you are having fun...but I still can't believe it is about to be July!!

Last weekend we went to Atlanta to see my family. I try to visit every couple months but since we have been so busy traveling these past few months I haven't been home since March! So since we hadn't been home that meant we had a full packed schedule all weekend so that we could see everyone we hadn't seen in so long.

Friday night we went to my dad's house and grilled out ribs. We caught up with my dad, step mom, brother, and sister-in-law. It was a nice, relaxing evening.

Saturday we laid at the pool with my mom and worked on our tans. Cause you know we are pale. Okay, okay maybe not pale--shall I say our Jamaican bronze look has been fading? Yes, I will regret this when I look like the old lady on "There's Something About Mary".

Saturday night was a pretty exciting event--we had a double date with our cousins. Literally, both of our cousins.  My cousin Tiffani (the one who had the liver transplant-who BTW is doing great!) is dating Matt's cousin Patrick.  They both live in this small town in North Georgia and randomly met a few years ago (weird but neat, we know). They have been dating a couple months and I am super excited they are dating.  They are so stinking cute together!  So we ate at Bahama Breeze (again reminiscing about Jamaica) and went to play putt-putt. I wisely told Matt that no, I didn't not want to bet on our putt-putt game as I would have regretted it when he beat me by 10 points.  We had a good time though and it was fun to hang out with them. 


Me, Matt, Patrick (Matt's cousin), Tiffani (my cousin)

Sunday before we headed home, we met up with my BFF Amanda, and her husband Bobby, and two kids Reece and Avery. She was 9 months preggo at the time and about to pop. Of course she was cute as can be and such a great sport. I miss seeing her and wish they lived closer. I hate that I miss out on so much with her and the kids.

Amanda and I

As luck would have it, Zander arrived today, 3 days after our visit. Here is a peek of baby Z. He is precious and I can not wait to meet him. Congrats to the Coppage family!

Hmmm...so what else is new?? I have been running some though the dailymile tracker on this page isn't saying so. I have been a little lazy in actually entering my progress on it. I think partly it is because I have been so slow. I am somewhat frustrated with running lately because I can not run fast for the life of me! I try to work on my speed and am not seeing the results that I want. Blah. And then there's the treadmill thing. I love my treadmill but get bored running long runs on it. If it weren't 96 degrees outside I would be on the pavement in no time.  So I have mostly been running 2-4 times a week on average of about 3 miles per run.

This week I decided to start back doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It is such an awesome workout and I used to do it religiously. When I did the Shred I saw great results and could tell a difference in my muscle tone. Since I have been running, I haven't done much strength and weight exercises. Though I still weigh the same and fit the same in my clothes as always, I can tell a difference and want to be back toned a little more.  And it is clear to tell just how little I have done in the toning and weight lifting department lately as I can hardly walk without pain!! I'm so dang sore!  No pain no gain though right?? So here's to day 3 of The Shred. Only 27 more to go!

We have a lot of fun plans for the holiday weekend so check back as I will try not to be a slacker and will write some great posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment