Monday, September 26, 2011

Momite does it again!

Back in February, I asked my Momite (grandmother) for some good recipes I could try. She is always making delicious and unique dishes and I know I can rely on her to give me some great recipes! For Valentines Day, I made her lasagna, and it was a HUGE hit!
How freakin cute is she?!
So tonight, I decided to try her Creamed Chicken and Biscuits which she promised was easy and good. Boy, was she right. Matt and I quickly finished the whole dish and commented several times how delicious it was.  At one point, he declared it one of the top 10 best dinners we have ever had. 

So here's what you need:
-1/2 large onion
-4 Cup cooked chicken
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1/2 Cup chopped pimentos (we decided to omit this since Matt doesn't like pimentos)
-6 canned biscuits
-1 1/2 t. butter (I just eyeballed this as for what I thought would be necessary to saute the onion)
-1 Cup sour cream
-1/2 cup milk
-1 Cup grated cheddar cheese

To make:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of and 11 x 7 baking dish. (I halved this recipe so mine is in a smaller dish).

Saute chopped onion in butter until tender.

Combine chicken, onion, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimento in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.

Spoon into the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 3/4 Cup of the cheese. Arrange biscuits on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbling- about 20 minutes.

Serve immediately. 




This picture does not do it justice. And I swear I had more brocolli than that!

See?! Easy peasy and seriously fantastic. I don't think I can come up with more adjectives but take my word and try this. It is gooood.

Thank you to my sweet Momite for sharing this recipe. Now I need you to send me some more to try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment