Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Holly Jolly Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas and looking back I can't believe how quickly it came and went. But every second of it was awesome and I already miss my family!

Friday afternoon we headed to Atlanta after getting off work and spent the evening relaxing and spending time with my mom. 

Saturday for lunch we went to visit my dad's extended family at my Aunt Luanne's house and were able to visit with my aunt, uncle, and cousins who we don't get to see often.

Christmas Eve we always spend at my father's house eating a big meal and exchanging gifts. There may or may not be a tradition for everyone to take tequila shots (you can decided once you see the pictures). It is always a ton of fun at my dad's on Christmas Eve!

my brother and Matt trying to figure out how to sift flour


Guys doing what they do best....watch tv and drink beer

tequila anyone?? Not this girl this year. Darn! (insert sarcasm)


Matt, me, and baby Baylor by the tree

My brother Chris and sister-in-law Adrienne

Christmas day we woke up at my mother's house, opened gifts, and went to my momites (grandmother) to have breakfast and exchange gifts with my mother's extended family.  It was so much fun catching up with family that we don't often see, as they live in Florida! And breakfast Christmas day is always fantastic at my momites!

Matt and Jason got spy glasses in their stockings


Momite

Matt got the family pink poodle joke gift

Matt, me, and mom

Whew! Got that all? Now factor in prior to heading out of town, spending a couple nights doing Christmas with Matt's mother, dad and step-mom, since we wouldn't be in Birmingham for the holiday.

                               And then the day after Christmas we headed to New York! (more on that in a bit!)

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment