Monday, March 12, 2012

The Best Baby Shower, ever.

This has been a crazy week for us. I have been looking forward to this past weekend for months and months and in some ways it was ever better than I had hoped and in others it was terrible.

Let me explain. Thursday night our washer overflowed and we woke up at 5am Friday morning to a flooded house. Frantically we had to try to wet vac and dry the floors and call the insurance company to figure out what to do. Talk about terrible timing, we had my mother and her dog coming to stay for the weekend, and tons of family also coming from Georgia eager to see us and the house, which many of them had never seen. Long story short, we had to move out of the house for the weekend, move the furniture so a company could come dry out the house and floors, stay in a hotel (that allowed dogs since my mother brought hers), board our dogs for the weekend, etc. It was a mess. And still is, we moved back in last night, but they didn't finish until today and there is still furniture in our living room and our home is still in disarray.

But, through the mess we had some wonderful amazing things take place which made a wet unlivable house seem so insignificant.

Friday afternoon Matt's co-workers threw us a baby shower at his work. It was soo nice and they had it set up so pretty with awesome food and decorations. We got lots of cute and useful baby stuff, it was a great shower!

Saturday was my baby tea, and to be honest I had this fear that we wouldn't have many people show up. I know the weekend ended up not working out for a lot of people due to scheduling conflict, so I was worried that no one would come! Thankfully I was so wrong, we had so many people come and I was overwhelmed by all the love and support we had. It was amazing and I'm still smiling 2 days later!

7 of my best friends threw the tea and they went above and beyond for this event! All the details looked soo wonderful and I could tell they spent so much time working on getting things so perfect. I am still having people compliment them and how beautiful the shower was.

Here are a few pictures of the details and decorations from the shower. Pictures don't even it justice, but it's worth a try...

Champagne punch....yummm! Too bad I couldn't have any!

The yummy food table

My girls know me best! I love yogurt, so they made a small yogurt bar for guests!

Cutest diaper cake ever. Made by Phoenix.

Another shot of the food table.

The sign-in table. Along with a cute basket of goodies Maria made, our framed invitation, Baylor's framed 4D picture, and the sign-in plate Megan made.

Super cute bibbs and onesie for Baylor

Another cute plate Megan painted

I can't believe Megan made this! Love it!

Such beautiful, wonderful, sweet friends. All the hostesses and I.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your poor, poor basement. We had a little seepage in our basement over the summer and I wanted to cry. I probably would move if I needed a dry vac!! You have the sweetest co workers (the first post i read was your work shower). Your tea looks lovely. Your friend is so creative with those plates. Isn't it fun to be celebrated?!

    ReplyDelete