Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And the verdict is...

Tendonitis! After being a big baby I decided to suck it up and go to the doctor today to make sure I haven't hurt my foot too bad. After waiting 1 and a half hours (why do they tell you an appointment time but make you wait so damn long?!) I finnally got x-rayed and met the doctor who informed me that my foot looks okay but that I have Tendonitis. Tendonitis is an infamation of the tendons in the foot, and sometimes the tendons can tear and even break. So he told me to ice, ice, baby, and get some orthopedic lift insoles for my shoes and take it easy from running until the pain is gone. I also have to take some anti-inflammatory meds for 10 days but he feels confident I will be running in no time! He also mentioned that I have signs of Arthritis already in my foot which is kinda scary since it runs in my family. Hopefully I will be able to run for a long time and this won't affect me or become a problem.  I mean, I'm only 27!!

I have to wear my new insoles and running shoes to get used to them to work tommorrow and hopefully I may try to run this weekend if my foot feels better.  Please get better, foot. Please!

1 comment:

  1. You just had to rub the 27 in my face, didn't you?! :) Glad that you didn't seriously injure your foot adn hopefully it will get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete