Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goodbye Sweets. You will be missed.


For those who don't know, Lent is a Christian tradition which is a time of sacrifice for Jesus for 40 days. The 40 days represent the time that Jesus spent in the dessert when he endured temptation by Satan. Lent for many Christians is used as a time to give up or sacrifice something that they love. It begins today, which is Ash Wednesday and ends on April 23rd, the day before Easter. For Lent this year I have decided to give up sweets. I realize that I have become semi-addicted (maybe I am semi-in denial) to eating something sweet after every meal. Luckily, I am very active and *usually* burn off the extra calorie intake, however, that still does not make my gluttonous behavior okay! So I have made this difficult decision knowing that it will benefit me in the long run and is a great sacrifice for the season of Lent. So, so long to brownies, candy, cake, cookies, and pies. I will miss you, though my waistline may not. To say goodbye I shared a Chick-fil-A Banana Pudding Milkshake with Matt last night and it was amazing. Delicious. Fantastic. Seriously. Go buy one if you are not fasting sweets for Lent and enjoy.


*Matt bets I only make it 2 weeks with no sweets...stay tuned to see how I do!

2 comments:

  1. And no, I am not Catholic--Just wanted to observe Lent by giving up something that will be difficult for me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you observed Lent. :)You go girl!

    ReplyDelete