Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

So far my week has been kinda random. So instead of making a blog post about it which would be all over the place, I decided to name this post Wacky Wednesday and just be wacky by telling you some random things--some serious and some not so much.

1. A good friend of ours' father passed away this week due to complications from heart surgery. We knew him well and will miss him very much. He was a great person, with a huge personality which was addictive to those around him. Please keep his family in your prayers.

2. The devastation in our state continues to seem greater and greater. Now it seems the victims are not just numbers, they have become more personal, a co-worker's aunt and uncle, a friend's friend, a patients mother. The community has shown it's strength by coming together to help with the victims as well as with the clean up efforts. I think every store I have been in and most places of business are doing something to help. It is bittersweet to see how much damage and monstrosity the tornadoes have done but the amazing will of our state and even others' to show support and love is overwhelming.

3. Mother's Day is coming up and makes me realize I have not only 1 amazing mother, but now 4! I have the best mother, step-mother, mother-in-law, and step-mother-in-law (is that what I should call her!?- doesn't seem personal enough). They are all such great supports in my life and I am very thankful for each and every one of them.

4. I am going to the beach this weekend with several of my girl friends! I am ready to soak up the sun and spend some good girl time with my friends. If you are counting, this will be my 3rd weekend out of town (NOLA, Nashville, and now beach). I thought I would be tired of traveling by this point, but 4 day work weeks are great and it seems I am just as pumped about this trip as I have been the others.

5. Matt and I went on date night together last night and saw the movie "Water for Elephants". I loved the book and the movie was great! Rob Pattinson is hottt! Who knew he had such pretty eyes? I guess those brown contacts in the Twilight movies have been hiding his baby blues. I definitely recommend the movie and the book!

Hope you are all having a great week! Happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers to your friends' family, and to all those who are feeling the effects of the storms.

    Hope you have a great time at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Tuscaloosa, and I can totally relate to your feelings about the storm. I'm headed to the beach this weekend, too, and I can't wait for some time to disconnect and relax!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete