Monday, February 14, 2011

Getting and Sharing Some Love for Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!! I realize this is a "Hallmark" made holiday in order to increase sales and force people to buy gifts for their loved ones, but I am a sucker for any occasion that calls for lovey-dovey-ness. Matt and I traditionally go out to dinner at a nice restaurant and get small gifts for one another. After all the years of battling the crowds and traffic to get a jacked up special priced "Valentines Menu" I let Matt convince me to do our traditional dinner out Sunday night and to have a nice romantic evening at home. So last night we went to eat at Village Tavern, one of our favorite restaurants in Birmingham. It was delicious and we had a great time.

Today, we went to lunch at Mama Goldberg's which is a place we used to frequent when we first began dating in Auburn. They have since expanded and we are lucky enough to have one (or several) in Birmingham. So we ate some Mama's Love's for lunch (how appropriate!) and shared nacho's like old times. After work, Matt joined me for a quick run with the dogs. For dinner, I prepared my Momite's (grandmothers) lasanga. It was my first attempt at Lasagna and it turned out great. Matt's reviews included repeating "magnificent" several times and even singing a song about how delicous it was. Fair to say he enjoyed it! I also had some beautiful flowers delivered to me as a surprise from Matt! What a great Valentine Matt is!

I hope you guys have/had a great Valentines Day whether you were with someone special or proudly embraced your single-hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment