Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekly Run Report

So this week was a good week. I ran a total of 24 miles. I was only able to run outside once due the cold weather (ice, sleet, and snow, oh my!) but kept on track using the treadmill. Here's a quick re-cap of my runs:

Sunday- I wasn't able to run Saturday due the the "Breakfast Club" meeting (see last post) but luckily the weather stayed beautiful and warm for Sunday and I got a long run in that morning. I ran 6 miles outside and did okay, I ran a lot of hills and I'm not gonna lie, it was hard (the hills). I felt good after though.

Monday-I planned on running a short run (3 miles) Monday since I ran longer than usual on Sunday but once I started it felt great and I ended up running 4 miles on the treadmill.

Wednesday-After taking a day off I felt great and ran 5 miles on the treadmill. It was a great run and I maintained a good pace.

Thursday-I ran a short 3 miles on the treadmill before heading into work. I picked the "rolling hills" program on my treadmill and it was more like "incline UP the whole time". It was difficult because running outside I can slow down and speed up as I need to, but on the treadmill I try not to change my speed often. It wasn't a great run but I need that hill training, if I can't get it outside I need to make myself do it inside.

Saturday-Ran 6 miles on the treadmill and it went well. I got a little tired around mile 5 but pulled through and ended it fine. I ran the whole way and maintained a 10 min/mile pace. Getting tired though so early makes me worry how I am gonna complete 13.1 miles, but I know that the training is how I will be able to get my stamina and endurance up.

Overall, I feel I'm on target with where I want/need to be. I have been maintaining a 10 min/mile pace inside and outside for the most part (my 6 miles outside was a little slower with the hills...). My goal time to complete the half is 2:15 and I think if I keep up the training hopefully I should be able to accomplish this (hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment